How we're going to finance the Centre
Even on an existing site, construction of a building such as the new Village Centre and Village Hall will involve considerable expenditure. Currently, the estimated total costs for the new building are £954,800. The amount that has now been granted by the Big Lottery is £550,000. We have £105,000 available from Parish Council reserves and Precept. The shortfall has been funded by various grants and public works loans which are available for a project such as this, but these have only covered building costs not all the furniture and equipment that a modern facility needs. Funds for these are being raised by the Dersingham Village Centre Association, through the Village Centre Lottery and other fundraising events.
With help from local solicitors, an application has been submitted to the Charity Commissioners to establish the Dersingham Centre Charitable Trust, who will have the overall responsibility for the long term future of the Centre. Although the Centre will be owned by the Dersingham Parish council, it will be leased to the Trust at a nominal rent.
We have a rolling programme of fundraising events. Please help us by supporting them as much as you can!
- Cinema nights take place in the Dersingham Social Club, using our state-of-the-art equipment and large screen. The cinema shows recent but not brand new releases. Entry is £5 and profits from these events are going directly to the fund for the new Centre. There is a film each month and you can find out which one from posters around the village or from the News Blog on this site. You could help by training to be a projectionist, taking entrance ticket money, or serving refreshments.
- The Dersingham Centre Lottery has been running for over a year now, where members each pay a £5 monthly subscription to purchase a number. All numbers are entered into a monthly prize draw, with 30% of the sales being distributed as prizes. The remaining 70% of subscriptions will go to the new Village Centre fund. If you would like to subscribe, you can pay by PayPal (debit and credit cards accepted). Or, you can pay yearly or quarterly by cash, cheque, direct credit or standing order. For immediate online subscription to the Lottery click the PayPal Subscribe button. For all other means of payment please pick up an application form from the Parish council office or download one from the link below. Prize draws take place at the beginning of each month and the winning ticket numbers are published in Village Voice, on the News Blog on this website, and on our Facebook page.
Link to lottery rules and application forms
- Sponsor a Brick. The minimum donation is £100 and the sponsored bricks will form part of the inside wall of the Hub area. You can have your name and/or a message etched on your brick, or write something yourself in permanent ink, so future generations can see who helped build the Centre. Your name(s) will be recorded in a book telling the story of how the Centre was developed. The book will form part of Dersingham's history and remain in the village in perpetuity. Pick up an application form from the Parish Council office or download it here.
- Buy bricks or roof tiles. The minimum donation is £5, which will help to buy the many thousands of bricks and roof tiles which will be needed to build the Centre. Your name, and a message if you wish, will be recorded in the book telling the story of how the Centre was developed. Pick up an application form from the Parish Council office or download it here.
- Donations to the Dersingham Village Centre fund are warmly welcomed. You can easily donate now using our PayPal Donate button. Or you can always send a cheque or make a cash contribution, just contact the Parish Council office at the address below. To comply with Charity Law, any cheques should be payable to Dersingham Parish Council.