All about the Village Centre
The Dersingham Village Centre opened in October 2018. It is on the site of and incorporates part of the structure of the previous church hall, which was a 1920s heritage building. The new Centre echoes the Arts & Crafts features of the original building, but there is a modern extension on two floors and the main hall itself has been enlarged. The whole Centre has been designed to be as accessible and eco-friendly as possible.
The building is owned by Dersingham Parish Council, who in turn lease it to the Dersingham Village Centre Association (DVCA), a charitable trust which is responsible for the Centre's day-to-day running and maintenance. The DVCA has a rolling programme of making continued improvements to the facilities of the building.
- Central Hub area, accessible from all rooms. It seats 24 in café style and is ideal as a meet and greet space.
- Large main hall plus two meeting rooms, any of which can be hired separately or together.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Fully accessible facilities throughout
- Stackable chairs and folding tables support a variety of uses
- Free wi-fi throughout the building
- Flexible booking system
- Fully licensed
- Car parking on site
Scroll down for more photos, a floor plan and for details of our rooms
The St Nicholas Hall
Another view of the main hall at the Centre, with tables and chairs set out for a community lunch.
A New Year's Party
The Village Centre's 2019 New Year Party is in full swing!
The Lacemakers in the Garden Room
The Garden Room on the ground floor is ideal for craft groups and meetings of all kinds. The Parish Council use it and it has also hosted first-aid training, public sector professionals and many other users.
The Centre Hub
A view through the central hub towards the Garden Room. The framed ceramic artwork on the right is a tribute to the many groups and individuals who have contributed to the Centre's fundraising or helped in other ways. The artwork was made by June Mullarkey at Dersingham Pottery.
The Main Hall
A large space than can easily accomodate substantial functions. Up to 120 people may be seated banquet style, or 150 people theatre style (note, some restrictions may apply). There is an vaulted acoustic tile ceiling for best audio quality and a sprung wooden floor for dancing.
- Fixed electrically-operated large screen, with remote controlled projector
- Audio system
- Free Wi-fi
- High quality portable staging which can be configured to suit your purpose
- Accessible toilet within the hall
Ground Floor Meeting Room
The ground floor meeting room, or Garden Room, is a light and airy space ideal for small to medium groups, or for the more modest sized meeting or public presentation that does not need the large space of the main hall. With its large windows the room can get warm when the sun is shining, but air-conditioning has been installed to ensure that it is comfortable all year round.
- Can accomodate up to approximately 40 people
- Floor to ceiling windows for maximum natural light
- The windows have vertical blinds and opening fanlights
- Air conditioned
- Free Wi-fi
- A small refrigerator is in the room, to keep food or drink cool
First Floor Meeting Room Suite
The first floor suite, or Loft, comprises a room suitable for up to twenty people which also has a small kitchen unit and refrigerator built in. Immediately outside the room is a landing area with a fully accessible toilet. The first floor of the Centre is reached by stairs or there is a small lift that can take a wheelchair and one or two people.
- Can accommodate up to approximately 20 people
- Accessed via stairs or lift
- Accessible WC
- Free Wi-fi
- Ideal for private meetings or quiet work
The kitchen is designed to be able to handle almost any catering task, from making a cup of coffee to preparing and cooking a meal for a substantial number of people. It is regularly used for our friendship lunches.
- Fully equipped to catering standard with crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Extensive cooking options with both gas and electric ovens, gas hob, microwave, warming cupboard
- Dishwasher designed for rapid washing of glasses, cups etc.
- Connected to the hall and the hub
- Serving hatch, ideal for a bar
- Rear access for deliveries