How to hire the new Dersingham Village Centre
To book the hall or meeting rooms please contact our Bookings Secretary, either by completing our booking enquiry form or emailing us at email@example.com. Someone will contact you as soon as possible, although this may sometimes take a few days. You can get an idea of available slots from our calendar of bookings but please note that just because a slot appears to be free does not guarantee that it will be available. Conversely, we may be able to allocate you a slot for a one off event even if it's normally used by a regular hirer. Please contact our Booking Secretary, who will do their best to assist you. Until then you should not make any arrangments that may depend on a certain date and time being available.
Hire rates are shown below. Community Groups are defined as groups (or individuals) providing activities or delivering services which help meet the aims of the Centre. Please enquire if you are not sure whether you qualify for this. All other users will be required to pay the Commercial and Private Hire rates, although these may be negotiable.
Commercial & Private Hire Rates
||Upper or Lower Meeting Room
||Full use of Kitchen
|Per 4 Hour Block
|Per 8 Hour Block
Rates for Community Groups
||Upper or Lower Meeting Room
||Full use of Kitchen
|Per 4 Hour Block
|Per 8 Hour Block
Special Deals and Options
|Children’s Party – a three hour block in the Main Hall, £50.
(Children defined as up to Year 6 in Education)
|Wedding Package - Sole use of the entire building, from 6.00pm on Friday until noon on Sunday, £750.
- Full use of the kitchen means use of the kitchen to the exclusion of any other persons who may be using part of the Centre, and/or using the kitchen to prepare and cook food. The kitchen is normally shared.
- Community Groups are defined as groups (or individuals) providing activities or delivering services which help meet the aims of the Centre. If you are unsure which category you fall into, or for more information, please contact us.
- We define Private bookings as those for Weddings, Birthdays, Social Events, Conferences, Seminars, Exhibitions and other one-off hirings.
- If, owing to the nature of your event in the Centre, you wish to have exclusive use of the venue during your hiring then a surcharge is payable. The surchage is either £80 for Commercial hirings or or £40 for Community Groups.
- Depending on the nature of your booking, a returnable security deposit may be requested in advance.
- Normally hireable hours are from 8.00am until 11pm Sunday - Thursday; from 8.00am until midnight on Fridays and from 8.00am until 11.30pm on Saturdays. For requests for use outside these hours please contact us.
- If the booking time slots and fees shown above do not meet your requirements, please contact us to discuss your needs.
- All hirings include a complimentary 30 minutes either side of your booking for setting up and packing away (excludes Wedding Package).
- The Management Committee has an Equal Opportunities Policy and welcomes people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, values, and traditions. Please let us know if you have any specific requirements for your group or activity.
- We will provide advice and support where needed to ensure that all Centre users and volunteers feel valued and safe.
- There may be other activities going on in the Centre and, unless you have booked the whole building, we ask that users/hirers respect other groups’ needs especially where safeguarding is concerned. In particular the kitchen is a shared use area, although the meeting room has a small hospitality suite for the preparation of drinks. If you require sole use of the kitchen facility, a one-off surcharge is applicable.
- We ask all hirers to be considerate of our neighbours, especially when leaving at night. Complaints by our neighbours of rowdiness may lead to your security deposit being forfeited.
- All hirings are subject to our Terms and Conditions, see below.
Terms and conditions of hiring
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following will apply:
DVCA - the Dersingham Village Centre Association.
Hirer - the person / persons / organisation making the application to hire the village hall. The hirer must be aged 21 or over.
Premises - any part or the whole of the Dersingham Village Centre being hired.
- All applications to hire the hall must be made to and confirmed by the Booking Secretary. For some events the application may have to be put to the DVCA for approval and may be declined. No reason is required to be given if the application is declined.
- On receiving booking confirmation from the Booking Secretary payment is required as follows:
- If the booking is more than 3 months ahead, then one payment is required for 25% of the total cost of the hire as a deposit to secure the hire. The remaining hire charge to be paid 6 weeks prior to the date of hire together with a security deposit in case of damage or loss to the premises.
- If the booking is less than 6 weeks to the date of the hire, then full payment is required for the total cost of the hire together with a security deposit in case of damage or loss to the premises.
- Note, at the discretion of the DVCA, regular weekly or monthly hirers may be exempt from the above arrangements, please enquire about a payment plan to suit you and us.
- Security deposit: the deposit will be returned to you within 10 days after your hiring, providing the rules set out below are adhered to.
- Cancellation: we regret that should you cancel your reservation within two months of the hire date your hire fee may be forfeited at the discretion of the committee.
In the event that the premises are required, or taken over, due to either a national or local emergency situation or similar, then the DVCA shall not be liable to pay any compensation beyond the refund of any hiring charges and deposits paid.
- Payment method: Payment may be made by cash, cheque or by bank transfer (FPS or BACS). If paying by cheque, separate cheques will be required for the hiring fee and for the security deposit. The deposit cheque will only be banked if the below mentioned rules are not complied with. Otherwise it will be given back to you after your hiring. Likewise a cash deposit.
- If paying by bank transfer then payment for the hiring fee and deposit can be made in one payment and the deposit will be refunded to you after your hiring, providing all conditions are complied with. You must provide your bank details to enable any such refund to be made.
The following rules must be adhered to – failure to comply may result in your security deposit being retained.
- Hire charges must be paid on time.
- Vacation of the premises must be by the pre-agreed time. Charges per hour will apply if not adhered to.
- The premises must be left in a clean and tidy state, all rubbish generated by the hirer must be removed from the premises. Should further cleaning be required after a hire, the deposit may be withheld and the hirer may be liable to further costs.
- All lighting must be turned off when exiting the building. Heating should be left as agreed with the DVCA.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the premises.
- The hirer is responsible for the preservation of order during a function held at the premises and shall undertake to indemnify the DVCA against any injury to any persons and to any damage to the premises.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring that people leaving the premises cause no disturbance to those in adjoining properties or generally in the local area.
- At the discretion of the Committee an additional amount may be required to offset any damage to the premises and/or to cover the cost of any excess cleaning costs which may be required. If it is found necessary to call the police to a disturbance the hirer will forfeit all their deposit.
- All crockery, cutlery, kitchen appliances and equipment used by the hirer must be properly washed up and left clean. Items should be treated with respect and put back where they were found. A dishwasher is provided, please read the instructions for use.
- Children may only have access to the kitchen under suitable adult supervision.
- The premises’ tables and chairs, if used, should be cleaned and returned into their stacked positions in the designated store rooms on completion of the hire period.
- Entertainment and Music: Where the Hall is hired for dances or such other event providing entertainment or music, such entertainment or music shall cease no later than 11.45pm. Music must be reduced to a level that is acceptable to the Hall’s nearest neighbours by 11pm so as to not cause any disturbance. The hiring shall be subject to the provisions and conditions of the ‘Entertainment Licence’ granted to the DVCA by the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk as the Licensing Authority, and to any rules and conditions of use of the premises which the DVCA or the Borough Council or any other competent authority may impose. The hirer agrees that the hire of the premises is subject to the renewal by the Borough Council of the ‘Premises Entertainment Licence’ and that if, for any reason, the licence shall be revoked or suspended, the applicant shall not have, or make, any claim upon the Committee for compensation in respect of any loss or damage to which they may be put or which they may sustain by reason of this non-renewal or suspension of this licence.
- Alcohol: Under current licensing regulations anyone wishing to provide or sell alcohol at the premises must obtain a ‘Temporary Event Notice’ (TEN) from the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk. A TEN may only be obtained with the permission of the DVCA. Failure to obtain permission prior to obtaining a TEN may result in the cancellation of the booking. A TEN approval certificate must be presented as a condition of hire and displayed prominently.
- Use of music during a hiring: Hirers that use music for any purpose, whether live or recorded, are required by law to have the appropriate licence from either the Performing Rights Society Ltd or Phonographic Performance Ltd. The DVCA has the relevant licences that will cover most situations, but if you are in any doubt please enquire at the time of booking the premises.
- Decorations: Decoration of the Hall may be permitted only by prior agreement with the DVCA. Such decoration includes posters, advertisements, bunting, flags and the like and shall be carefully removed at the end of the hire period. NOTE: Anything used to fix decorations must not damage the premises and in particular the walls and paintwork. The hirer will be charged for any repairs to damaged walls deemed to be caused by the activities of the hirer or their guests.
- The DVCA reserve the right for their appointed representative to enter the premises at any time and the hirer must advise his/her ticket collectors and/or other responsible persons.
- The hirer undertakes to keep the DVCA indemnified against all claims, demands, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, damages and expenses made, brought or suffered by any persons admitted to the premises in the course of the hiring.
- All furniture and/or other equipment provided by the hirer and sent to the premises must be unloaded in the car park, placed into position and removed by the hirer at such times as are agreed with the Committee.
- If a Hirer is a regular weekly user, the DVCA Management Committee reserves the right to cancel all, or part of, certain bookings in favour of one-off bookings. Such cancellations shall not occur more than once a month, and at least six weeks’ notice shall be given of such cancellation.
- The DVCA Management Committee reserves the right to nominate a specified weekday evening, day or part day as not being available for regular weekly bookings, so that priority can be given to monthly, or less frequent, bookings.
- Pyrotechnics (fireworks) and bonfires are NOT permitted within the premises’ grounds.
- Barbecues or other outdoor cooking are only allowed with prior permission from the DVCA.
- Unauthorised use of the premises for any purpose without prior booking is not allowed.
The DVCA reserves the right to alter and amend these conditions and regulations of hire at any time.